Sunday, 12 July 2015

What to do if my Income Tax Refund Cheque has Incorrect Bank Account Number?

1. Logon on to e-Filing Home Page, Income Tax Department with your user ID and Password.

2. Go to My Account → Refund Reissue Request

3. Enter the necessary details on the following screen and submit.

4. You will find the information asked for in the above form in the communication received from the Income Tax Department under Section 143(1) or 154, as follows.

5. You have the option to apply for reissue of refund through ECS or in paper form (cheque).

6. For receiving refund directly in your bank through ECS, select ECS mode of refund reissue and enter your correct bank account details when the same are asked. You could also choose the Paper Mode for physical delivery of cheque at your address.

In case your refund is for the Assessment Year 2008-09, you will have to download a Response Sheet from the option "Response Sheet For Refund Failure Status" under the "My Account" option, and then fill it up with your correct details. You will then have to send your cheque with incorrect bank account number with the response sheet to "Income Tax Department – CPC, Post Bag No – 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore – 560100, Karnataka"

You may call the Income Tax Department - CPC, Bangalore on their toll free number 18004252229 or the Refund Banker, Mumbai on its toll free number 18004259760 for any help during normal business hours. They are very helpful and will guide you in a step by step manner.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a comment

We would love to know what you have to say about this information.